Thursday, July 24, 2008

Feeling blue...

I'm having one of those afternoons where I feel stuck inside my head but in a blue mood...
This afternoon I went for a coffee with a couple of American girls visiting Jordan on some cultural exchange program... I had a really good time... and very insightful too...
And now as I was reflecting upon the meeting... I remembered one of the girls was telling us a story happened with her family... and it is unbelievable how her story is similar to many stories we hear in our society... and it made me think about how similar we all are...
Half a way around the globe and yet we still share so much... same events... same needs... same life...
I can't understand what went wrong in the world... why do we have all these wars? these fights? why some people spend millions in one day while millions are suffering from hunger every day...?

Why can't we fully understand that all the humans from east to west share the same [one] earth... and dwell under the same [one] sky...
All of us believe or disbelieve in the same [one] God whatever name we call Him...

We live in the so called age of information while I see more and more ignorance around me...
Why some people are manipulating religions... using fear... spreading ignorance... in the name of freedom, democracy and liberality...?

Why are we ruining earth? why there had to be a global warming issue? why the brats are driving 4x4 just to impress their peers taking up more fuel... and more space in the streets... causing more pollution and more traffic jams...

Why are we being second-handers... why do we dress, act, believe, live, marry, hang out, and think in the way that everyone excepts us too...? Just to please them... to be part of a group... to belong to a tribe of any sort or any name...?

Why I'm supposed to be fit or unfit in any place just because I wear the veil...? Why we choose to block one sort of knowledge just because it doesn't conform with our intellectual standards?

I look around me... wars... devastation... hypocrisies... abuse... and ignorance...

The sun is just setting outside my window... and a lovely summer breeze is caressing my face... yet I feel I should cry... cry for earth and humanity and what we got ourselves into...

When will people be free to realize is about time we be humans once again?

No comments: