Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Macedonia

Today I overheard something on the news that made me search more about it to discover another piece of news that you wonder whether to laugh or cry at the absurdity of the world we live in!
The story is that Macedonia [a Former Republic of Yugoslavia] wants to join the NATO... But Greece said no... because of Macedonia's name!
I don't believe in countries and obsessives attachments to man-made names...
It's all a play of the puppeteers... so when will people stop being puppets?

I'm half Macedonian... so my mum tells the true nature of that area of Europe when she answers the simple question of "where are you from?"...
once she says... I'm Macedonian... after all... her family are originally from there...
once she says... I'm Greek... because her family comes much further in history for the Greek part and her family's name is Greek...
once she says... I'm Hungarian... because with her family they have spent all their lives in Hungary after the war pushed immigrants to this neighboring country...

and once she even said she is from Czech Republic... well she was born there!!!

And let me not say anything about being Yugoslavian until 1990s...

When will those who put themselves in charge and make decisions on people's behalf realize that life is much too precious to be full of **** about what is ours and what is theirs...

No comments: