Thursday, January 05, 2006

cast away

[[[Chuck: “We both have done the math… Kelly added it all up… she knew she had to let me go… I added it up… knew that I… I lost her… cuz I’ll never get off that island… I was gonna die there… totally alone… I was gonna get sick or get injured or something… the only choice I had… the only thing I could control… is when... and how and where that was gonna happen… so… I made a rope… and I went up to the summit… to hang myself… I had to test it… you know… of course… you know me… and the way the log snapped the limb… of the tree… I couldn’t even kill myself the way I wanted to… I had power over NOTHING… that’s when this feeling came over me like a warm blanket… I knew… somehow… that I had to stay alive… somehow… I had to keep breathing… even there was no reason to hope… and all my logic said that I would never see this place again… so that’s what I did… I stayed alive… I kept breathing… and one day that logic was proven all wrong because the tide came in… gave me a sail… and now here I am… am back… in Memphis talking to you… I have ice in my glass… and I’ve lost her all over again… I’m so sad that I don’t have Kelly… yet am so grateful she was with me on that island… and I know what I have to do now… gotta keep breathing… because tomorrow the sun will rise… who knows what the tide could bring?”]]]] from cast away

we can plan… we can make our choices… but no matter how perfect our plans are… and no matter how right we feel our choices are… there is He… to bestow His infinite mercy on us… teaching us… that no matter how hard we try to control our lives… we won’t…

in our weakness for Him… we are strong… and in our ignorance of the future… we can enjoy our present time…

so if a storm drifted us to faraway... who knows what the tide will bring...

No comments: