Thursday, March 16, 2006

[upon a book] The Kite Runner...

Around a year ago I read one of the great novels I ever read… it is called “The Kite Runner” whose author is an Afghani Writer named Khaled Hosseini… this novel wasn’t translated it was originally written in English…
I wrote to my friends reflecting upon the story…
[[
Yesterday... I cried from my heart at this little incident that took place in the story... a story that can be happening to many people... a story not that far from me... or you... subhan Allah... how you can relate to someone totally stranger... I guess it is words' magic.... ya Allah...
The hero of the novel was reflecting upon something in his life that didn't happen as much as he wanted it to...
“it wasn't meant to be... or maybe it was meant not to be"
... simple twist... in a simple fact.... imagine if you can apply this to the so many things that you wished for but didn't get... ya Allah... of all these things... I can point out one thing... I wanted the most... but ... it was meant not to be... suddenly I feel more goodness sweeping into my life... Alhamdullilah...
it is just amazing what faith do to you... one moment... you are so down... hating everything and everyone… but suddenly... the word of Allah comes to your heart and makes you feel peace... because when you are with Him... He is with you... Alhamdullilah...
Maybe we are all kite runners... we all run toward our destiny... and when we are there... our lives are changed for ever...
]]

[[
In the beginning like anyone starting to run... you put this pre-conceived notion of your last destination... but not a clear one... because in your course of running no one can tell what might happen....
“I became what I am today at the age of twelve, on a frigid overcast day in the winter of 1975. I remember the precise moment, crouching behind a crumbling mud wall, peeking into the alley near the frozen creek. That was a long time ago, but it's wrong what they say about the past, I've learned, about how you can bury it, because the past claws its way our. Looking back now, I realize I have been peeking into that deserted alley for the last twenty-six years."

]]

[[
It seems to me that I had in my subconscious known that it might hold no clear ending at all...
"Life is not a Hindi movie... life goes on..."

The author leaves the rest of his life to your imagination... and that is so right... because no one can point out a single event where his life turns to be good for ever more like in the old good fairy tales... but he gave you this hope!!! Hope that things can be good again... that life can offer you more and more goodness by each day... as we run to catch our kites...
]]

Apparently this novel is in the process of being adapted into a movie… umm… nothing can defeat the written words for me!!... anyways… I’m excited to see it…

No comments: